Privacy and Legal Disclaimers
- Acceptance of these Conditions
By accessing and using the website, you are deemed to have agreed to the Conditions
in their entirety and unaltered by you.
The Conditions may be varied from time to time by WFA, and you are deemed
to have accepted any variation once it is placed on the web site. You should
check the site regularly to view the latest version of the Conditions.
- WFA respects your privacy
- WFA Guarantees that any personal data we collect will only be used for WFA communications
- These may include:
- FranSpeak - our monthly round-up of International Franchising
- Occasional invitations to WFA business events
- WFA Guarantees that your personal data will never be sold
- WFA will never send 3rd party or other non-WFA emails, calls or letters
- Use of this web site
- You may:
- view the web site;
- make a printed copy; and/or
- download part or all of the web site onto the local hard drive
of the computer used to access this site,
only for the purposes of personal use, information, research, or study.
- Other than as set out in a) above, you must not reproduce, copy or
download any information on the web site, without WFA’s express
- You must not use the web site for any illegal purposes or in a way
which is inconsistent with the Conditions.
- You access and use the web site at your own risk.
- Ownership of material on this web site
You acknowledge that all material on the web site is owned by WFA or
third parties to WFA. You must not do anything which is inconsistent
with these rights of ownership.
In particular, certain trade marks, logos and images collectively (“Images”)
appear on this web site. These Images belong to WFA or third parties
to WFA and are protected by relevant intellectual property laws. Nothing
in the web site shall be taken to grant a user any license or right of use
or any Images without the express written permission of the owners of those
- You acknowledge that any links to third party web sites found on the
website are provided purely for your convenience. The provision of any
links shall not be taken as any form of endorsement of third party web
sites by WFA.
- As WFA does not own third party web sites, it is not responsible
for the content, access, reliability, function or condition of third party
web sites nor is WFA liable for any goods and services you may order
through third party web sites. You access and use third party web sites
via WFA web sites at your own risk.
- Disclaimer and Exclusion of liability
To the fullest extent possible under the law, WFA excludes all implied
conditions and warranties in connection with the use of the web site or material
appearing on the web site. WFA does not, however, exclude liability
which cannot be excluded under the Trade Practices Act (Cth) or similar state
or territory legislation.
- Whilst WFA endeavours to ensure that information on the web site
is current and up to date, WFA makes not representations and gives
no warranties regarding the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any
material on the web site.
- WFA gives no warranties or guarantees regarding access to or
functionality of the website and accepts no responsibility or liability
for any delays or faults in the operation, function or access to the web
- WFA gives no warranty that the web site is free of viruses, or
anything else that may interfere with or cause damage to your computer
systems. You should take whatever steps are required to protect your own
equipment from any potential damage.
Furthermore, WFA accepts no liability for any loss, damage, harm
or claims, howsoever arising, whether direct, indirect or consequential
and whether or not due to WFA’s negligence, arising out of
or in connection with your use of the web site or the material appearing
You agree to indemnify WFA and to hold it harmless against all claims,
loss, actions, proceedings, cost and damages arising from:
- any breach of the Conditions by you;
- any reliance by you on any material or information obtained through
the web site (whether or not the material is contained via links);
- your access to and/or use of the web site;
- reliance upon or use of any material or information by any person accessing
such material or information through your web site.
- Governing law
These Conditions of use are governed by, construed and enforced under the
laws of the United Kingdom. Any disputes arising under these Conditions shall be determined
under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the United Kingdom.
© World Franchise Associates Ltd 2011. All rights reserved.